Housing Authority Executive Director
Racine, WI 53403
Salary: $85,000.00 to $95,000.00 /year
Premier Solutions Group LLC has an opening for an Executive Director at the Housing Authority of Racine County.
The Executive Director is responsible for the day to day administration of Housing Authority of Racine County, a public housing agency with a staff of ten individuals and an annual budget of nearly ten million dollars.
To provide the leadership and management of the planning, organizing, staffing, direction and control functions of the agency. Interprets and implements policies approved by the Board and is responsible for the administration of Board policies. The position conforms to a Contract between the Board and the Executive Director.
I. ESSENTIAL TASKS OF THE POSITION:
Interprets, implements and administers the policies of the Board of Commissioners and all applicable federal and state housing regulations.
· Supervises the preparation of all material to be reviewed by and to be acted upon by the Board.
· Acts as secretary to the Board, maintaining appropriate minutes, prepares draft meeting agendas for approval by Board Chair, files and records.
· Determines appropriate course(s) of action related to adopted policies and procedures.
· Approves all correspondence, notices and directives dealing with policies issued by the Board for clarity and soundness.
· Conforms to the requirements of the Working Agreement/Contract in force between the Director and the Board of Commissioners.
· Represents the Agency and maintains liaison with regulatory agencies, local officials and community-based organizations.
· Attends, on a consistent basis, meetings, workshops, conferences, seminars and other sessions, in order to gain first-hand knowledge of new or improved housing programs in the public and private sectors.
· Keeps informed of changes and innovations in the housing field as to matters of policy and operation.
· Prepares reports, i.e. organizational and Annual Reports, etc., for internal and external use.
· Acts as the Agency’s Public Relations Officer clearing all external statements, reviews and policies before being released to media.
· Acts as the HARC Personnel Officer assuring that all personnel policies, procedures, position descriptions and general personnel practices conform with all applicable statutes.
· Acts as the Agency’s Contracting Officer.
· Makes recommendations to the HARC Board on adoption of new policies and changes to existing policies.
Provides for the administration, leadership and management of the Agency.
· Prepares and presents to the HARC Board for approval and subsequently administers and controls the conditions outlined in the Annual Contribution Contracts, annual budgets and other supplemental budgets.
· Selects, appoints, disciplines, promotes, transfers and terminates all agency employees according to HARC policy as amended from time to time.
· Receives bids for Board approval and executes contracts for work by others and monitors work in progress for compliance with contractual provisions.
· Supervises management and control of agency’s payables, receivables, cash or other assets (including investments) associated with operating contracts, insurance administration and all internal and external financial operations.
· Initiates the writing of proposals and grants.
Directs and coordinates activities of managerial personnel engaged in carrying out agency objectives:
· Compiles agency budget for Board review and approval and reviews entire agency budget.
· Provides general oversight of the management and maintenance of all housing developments to ensure a high degree of livability at the lowest possible cost.
· Provides general oversight to the selecting of tenants, the execution of leases, the collection of rents, and the enforcement of leases as required by HARC Board policies and procedures.
Performs other such duties as may be assigned by the HARC Board of Commissioners.
The position requires
· Experience with the administering the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program and in the related areas of housing quality standard, Family Self Sufficiency, homeownership, and VASH programs.
· Working knowledge of HUD regulations regarding public housing agencies and the Housing Choice Voucher Program.
II. POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Five (5) years’ experience in housing management, community development, public administration or a closely related field. Other related education and experience may be considered.
· Four (4) years in a significant management capacity at a public housing authority or other similar experience. Supervised a staff of eight (8) or more for at least two years.
· Prior skills in budgeting, personnel management and public relations.
Unique expertise/certification/registrations required:
· Ability to travel between various buildings owned and operated by or in other HARC programs and to other meeting locations as required.
· Must be bondable.
· Knowledgeable of policies, procedures and requirements of the Housing Choice Voucher Program.
Insurance: Health Insurance, Disability Insurance,
Leave and Holidays: Sick Leave, Personal Leave, Vacation, Paid Holidays
Retirement & Financial: Participation in the Wisconsin Retirement System
This position is listed by a private employment agency. The Housing Authority of Racine County is the legal employer. No fee will be charged of the job applicant. Premier Solutions Group is a full service staffing and human resource solutions provider.